Brother and Sister

Brother and Sister

Elder Sherman

Elder Sherman
Right before entering the MTC

Monday, August 22, 2011

August 8, 2011

I do miss Elder Beberger but I really love my two new companions. That's right. I am in a tripanionship. the computer just underlined that word in read telling me that is not a word or it is misspelled haha. I have Elder George and Elder Christensen who are serving with me. They are bother really great Elders and they are both from Washington. Elder Christensen entered the mtc the same day i did but he was there nine weeks learning spanish. Although now he is in an english area. He is my zone leader companion. And Elder George is like our assistant zone leader-Assistant to the zone leaders. hahaha. He is really funny and really loves to work. We have some great hings happening in our area. We have three baptisms this week. And we have several investigators that could get baptized very soon. Two are newer investigators that have had really hard childhoods. One was in foster care but whats cool is for a little while growing up she lived in an lds home. The other girl never really had a good father growing up so they do have problems but they are progressing so well right now. The second one has never really been religious but she can really feel the spirit when we meet, and when she reads the book of mormon and prays. I have faith that they will be healed as the come unto The Savior. And they will be able to change and have a so much more happy life and receive so many more blessings. Also We took an investigator to tour the temple grounds outside the temple on saturday and it went really well. The spirit was really strong and he really wants to get baptized and get married in the temple. More so then he did before. It was awesome. I had never done that with some one we teach before. We need to do it a lot more! Also another lady we recently started teaching told us she wants to get baptized without us even asking! It was really awesome. That was the second time this has happened on my mission. There are wonderful things happening. I love it! I am still in the same area and I love it a lot. The ward is called SMoky Hill and it is in the Arapahoe Stake. It is so awesome. I hope I get to stay here for at least another transfer. I love the temple. I know The Temple truly is a House of The Lord. It is so special to me. I have grown a much deeper appreciation for it. I love you Mom and I love your prayers, love , and support. How are the missionaries over there? are they good missionaries? Have you sent them to teach Jared? you should. How about Liz's Boyfriend? you should or it may even be better to have them in your home when the missionaries meet them and begin teaching them. Actually this would probably be the best. Just let the missionaries do the teaching and you can ask them and work with them so you will know what the missionaries want you to do when they teach them. THank you Mom! You're awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment