Brother and Sister

Brother and Sister

Elder Sherman

Elder Sherman
Right before entering the MTC

Thursday, October 20, 2011

October 17, 2011

That is good to hear that Lebanon is doing so well in high school football. That's too bad you haven't heard from them or about them. Kim is actually in another ward now cause she moved but she is still doing well and really loves church, especially relief society. That is really good to hear the missionaries are really busy over there. Are the members fellowshipping the new converts well? Hope so. You think I am getting transferred? haha. That's funny cause it turns out I'm not! hahaha I am actually staying here for at least one more transfer. I would love to stay here for the rest of my mission. But we will see. I am actually pretty surprised I am not being transferred. Elder Bond is going home. He was only with us for two weeks cause the car in his area broke and they didnt have another car and they were up in the mountains with a big area, so they couldn't do anything with out a car. He is a great missionary and its too bad he's leaving but I think we'll see him again sometime. Kind of funny but he is the first missionary that I have been with their last transfer. And that transfer it is missionary lingo to say he is dying. (speaking as he's going home). So when you have a companion who's dying its also missionary lingo to say you're killing them. So soon I'll be able to say this. My mission was hard work. I was trained by Rambo, and I killed Bond. hahaha Its a cheesy joke but I think its funny. I hope you have a great week mom! I love you! Oh and also we are having a baptism this week. This guy named Jason Tanner, his wife is already an endowed member and he is really super solid. Has borne testimony of the book of mormon, the restoration, Joseph Smith, the Church, Thomas S. Monson, the plan of Salvation. He is now living the word of wisdom and will be baptized this weekend. And he asked me to baptize him. It is really awesome. I love this family. And I don't know if you have seen the movie called "Treasure in Heaven: The John Tanner Story" but if you haven't you should its really good. But anyways if you have you'll get this part. We sometimes refer to Brother Tanner as Father Tanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment